Badminton is the ideal sport many people love to choose from. Most of the movements to participate in this subject are done very gently. Not everyone, however, has the right way to play badminton. If you dont have a lot of experience playing badminton, there will be a lot of consequences, especially injuries. Here are some of the injuries that many players suffer when playing badminton:
Mild muscle injury due to tendons, tendons, or stretched muscles. The number of broken muscle fiber bundles is less than 25%. Right at the time of the injury, the patient feels severe pain in the tendon area. After a few minutes, the pain decreases, and the affected area is slightly swollen. At this time, the damaged tendon forces the patient to stop working; if you continue to exercise, more blood will be collected, which is not conducive to subsequent treatment.
- Preventive and treatment methods: first apply an ice pack. Then dab the appropriate pommade gently. Use heat, gas, vinegar, water, infrared.
Some of the muscle fibers are broken. Severe pain and the need to stop working. Blood bruising after a while
- Preventive and treatment methods: apply ice for two days. No massage, just rest. After 15 days, massage and re-practice may take place.
When the muscle is torn, more broken muscle fibers cause bruises. The symptom of muscle tearing is severe body pain and complete inactivation. The joints may lose their strength.
- Preventive and treatment methods: apply ice, avoid massage. A physician is required because if the muscle tear is not properly taken care of; hemangiomas are likely to be calcified.
The number of torn muscles accounts for more than 75% of the fiber bundle, sometimes completely broken, causing bruises to build up many days later, the joints to swell and become loose. The patient may be dislocated and inactive. With software injuries, proper initial handling is essential, helping the lesions to stabilize and heal quickly.
- Preventive and treatment methods
- Rest: Immediately after injury, you need to stop practicing or playing.
- Cold compresses: To prevent complications, do not cause hematoma or bleeding. Use an ice pack to apply a cold compress on the spot for 10-15 minutes, every time about 1 hour apart, repeat several times a day. Ice can be applied for the first 1-3 days after the injury. Do not apply it too long or apply it directly because the skin burns.
- Dressing: The aim is to reduce bleeding, bruising and soreness, Using an elastic bandage under the wounded area, the first round must be tightly wrapped and loosened.
- High injury statistics: help blood return to the heart better; relieves swelling, pain and inflammation. In particular, in the first 1-3 days, you can have a foot of 10-15 cm. However, the millet should not be too high for the heart.
Joint Shoulder Injury
Causes of shoulder joint pain when playing badminton may be due to injury, fall, collision, impact, or improper technique.
- Playing badminton too much, overloading for a long time causes joint pain as well.
- Irregular training or beginners to exercise shoulder pain easily as well.
- Badminton joint pain may be related to musculoskeletal conditions such as arthritis around the shoulder, osteoarthritis, arthritis, etc.
Badminton injuries when playing badminton are common in two cases: falling to the ground or because of the constant and overwhelming use of the wrist joint when playing badminton.
Knee injury while playing badminton
Knee injury is a very common injury to badminton. In addition to the bones (hardware), we pay special attention to ligaments and cartilage in the knee area. Because most of the knee injuries (due to playing sports) are related to the damage to these components. The function of the ligaments is to “anchor” the bones together, and the bones will first operate in a “controlled” area. The cartilage acts as a dampener on the bone.
How to overcome wounds
- Rest: right after the injury, you need to stop practicing or playing. The wounded area can be maintained with a permanent brace for the first 1-3 days.
- Cold compresses: to prevent complications, do not cause hematoma or bleeding. Use an ice pack to apply a cold compress on the spot for 10-15 minutes, every time about 1 hour apart, repeat several times a day. Ice can be applied for the first 1-3 days after the injury. Do not apply it too long or apply it directly because the skin burns.
- Compression bandages: the objective is to reduce bleeding, bruising, and soreness, using an elastic bandage under the wounded area, the first round must be tightly wrapped and loosened.
- Statistics of wounded areas: help blood to return to the heart better; relieves swelling, pain and inflammation. In particular, in the first 1-3 days, you can have a foot of 10-15 cm. However, the millet should not be too high for the heart.
Ways To Help You Avoid Injuries
Use a muscle bandage or braces to protect the bodys vital muscles
Its easy to get pain near your elbows and forearms when playing badminton due to excessive exercise. In this case, the use of an elbow guard may help to reduce exercise pain, while also preventing sweat from flowing down the palm of your hand to cause discomfort during play.
Rapid movement and continuous steps will put enormous pressure on the joint of the knee. Therefore, dont forget to protect your knee joint during badminton by wearing an elastic knee bandage. In case your knee joint is already painful, its a good idea to wear a pressure brace to better fix it and provide more protection.
Heel protection, that is, the heel brace, is an indispensable item for those who play badminton. It is especially necessary for those who have sprained or flipped their feet. Heel wrapping helps stabilize the joint of the ankle and reduces pain in the heel.
Dont forget to warming-up
You need to warm up and relax before you play any motorsport. During the warm-up, the muscle system warms up, helping the circulatory system pump more oxygen-rich blood to the muscles. For any reason, not starting immediately but entering competition causes a dramatic increase in blood circulation in your body, which can easily lead to stroke, muscle tension, or other dangerous side effects. Injury.
The boot process should be divided into two phases, the general warm-up, making the body slowly warm-up (hands, legs, hips, abdomen, smooth running, etc.). The second is a professional start-up, depending on the sport, to make the body ready for competition.
Stop playing when youre injured
Because of the passion for competition, many players are moving or professionally compressing pain, hiding injuries on the field. It is very, very dangerous and serious. Because when the body is still not recovering, the vigorous exercise process makes the injury worse, and worse, it can put an end to the career of playing.
Many professional players are compressing pain into the field in important matches when the injury has not recovered. But their efforts often do not result in high efficiency. In the case of athletes who play sports, when the body is injured, it is advisable to see a doctor for treatment and follow their advice when they return to competition.
Carefully practice the techniques
For badminton players, especially beginners, they first need to learn and master basic badminton techniques. Some practitioners dont come here, and the result is that every technique knows, but none is right. And the problem is that practicing is a lot more difficult than when youve just started. The wrong technique can also cause injuries that have a significant impact on participation, and practice can continue later.
In addition to the factors mentioned above, you need to closely combine diet and exercise time, hit the right path. Not eating enough nutrition will make it more difficult for us to recover after hitting the ball and more likely to be injured. Playing time should be appropriate, do not exercise too much, and learn to hit the ball properly through basic and advanced badminton instructions, which will reduce injuries while playing badminton.
Above are common injuries when playing badminton, you need to pay attention when you play to avoid. Be Professional!